|Western Saddle Kits|
Now you can learn to make your own scale miniature western saddle set from our detailed kit! Inside, you'll find all the materials and supplies to construct . . .
- 1 Basic Western Saddle
- 1 Western One-Ear Bridle
- 1 Breastcollar
Rio Rondo's basic Saddle Kit includes the following items, all in one package:
- Miniature two-part Saddle Tree and
Rio Rondo's Saddle Kits are available in either Traditional Scale (approx. 1:9) and the smaller Classic (approx 1:12 or dollhouse) scales.
If you are not sure which scale your model is, check out our Scale Reference Page
For a list of tools needed to assemble this kit see the Kit Info Page
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about our Western Saddle KitsThe kit comes plain (as shown, without decoration) however, you can play around with many options and add-ons including:
All these options and more are yours to choose from to create the miniature western saddle of your dreams!
- Dye it any color you wish --Kit comes with natural-colored leather
- Carve or Stamp the leather to add decorative effects
- Add realistic Silver Lacing
- Add Decorative Corner Plates, Breastcollar Plates, Center Plates, Conchos
- Experiment with cutting the pieces in alternate shapes
- Add a realistic, woven String Cinch
-- plus regular shipping charges.
- #KWT1-- $28.00 Traditional Scale
- #KWC1--$26.75 Classic Scale
Our saddle kits already include all of the leather and hardware items you will need (not including glue, scissors and other tools--for a list of additional items you'll need, click here) however, you may find you wish to purchase extra items to create custom tack items with...
SADDLE TREE SETS
The Saddle Kit already includes these trees, however you may wish to order extras for special projects. Our two-part trees make it easier to assemble miniature saddles, whether you are working from our basic kit or your own designs. Cast of resin (durable pewter is also available), they are available in either Traditional or Classic Scale.
Cast Resin Trees
Cast Pewter Trees
- #WT1t—Trad Scale Tree Set-$9.00 ea.
- #WT1c—Clas Scale Tree Set-$7.75 ea.
Super-durable and heavy, these trees will last a lifetime
Cast Resin Trees--Individual Parts
- #WT5t—Trad Pewter Tree Set-$13.00 ea.
- #WT5c—Clas Pewter Tree Set-$12.00 ea.
- #WTP1t—Trad Resin Shoulder-$4.50 ea.
- #WTP1c—--Clas Resin Shoulder-$4.00 ea.
- #WTS1t—Trad Scale Resin Seat-$4.50 ea.
- #WTS1c—Clas Scale Resin Seat-$4.00 ea.
SADDLE KIT HARDWARE
|Most of the hardware you need is included on this sheet of parts. This hardware is already included in the kit, but you may wish to order extras for special projects.|
Conchos, pins, rings etc. are not included with the T85 (classic) size.
Duco Cement is one of the best all-around glues for leather products and miniature tackmaking projects. It is also an excellent choice for adding mohair to model horses.
Duco Cement sets up quickly to help hold things into place and dries in about 10 minutes. Removes easily from tools or fingers with nail polish remover.
Please note that this item can only be shipped Ground